Organization for Community Development (OCD) is a benevolent and non-governmental registered organization. OCD works for the holistic development of marginalized segment of the society without any discrimination of caste, creed, race, gender, religion and ethnicity. Our initiatives involve and engage neglected, marginalized and downtrodden grassroots communities prone to risk. OCD interventions involve poor and most excluded people by synchronizing our synergies with organizations that represent them, in rural and urban areas. We work towards socio economic uplift of women, children, youth, and men living in poverty, social exclusion and marginalized groups. The main thrust of the organization is to facilitate communities to take collective developmental actions for social transformation.
As a community-based organization, we are determined to work for poverty alleviation by sensitizing and organizing communities to mobilize resources for common actions to empower them by providing opportunities for dignified lifestyle. During the implementation of our projects / programs, we have special concern for the oppressed segment of the society. Our projects/programs are designed and tailored to bring about positive impact on the situation of women, girls and minorities. Moreover, people with disability are also given special privilege and space in every project.
OCD registered under the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies (registration & control) ordinance, 1961 (XLVI of 1961) on April 24, 2001, subsequently registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 on December 13, 2004.
To bring change among communities about love, justice & human dignity for their holistic development
To motivate and enable people to participate in the process of sustainable development for improving their living standards and livelihood
To take development initiatives with a participatory approach for neglected, poor, downtrodden and marginalized communities.
Promote, support and sustain community actions by tailoring participatory development oriented actions for social transformation. We do this by engaging with the poor, most excluded, vulnerable and at-risk people by synchronizing synergies with organizations that represent them in rural and urban areas
Problems bring Challenges;
Challenges bring Opportunities;
Opportunities bring Change;
And Change is Development.
Go to the people, live with them,
Love them and learn from them,
Start work with them, with what they know,
Build on what they have,
But with creative and committed leaders,
So at the end when the work is done,
The people will rejoice and say that,
“We have done it by ourselves”
- To practice honesty, integrity & trustworthiness
- To communicate sensitively and compassionately
- To show utmost respect for all human life & nature
- To promote support & teamwork, preference to competition
- To work in a sustainable & socially responsible way
- Not to permit consideration of any factor to affect attitude towards any person
OCD works in close collaboration with several networks and organizations. We believe that networking with like-minded organizations is very essential and helpful for the materialization of OCD’s vision, mission and goals.
The following organizations and networks provide us with their professional support and skill enhancement opportunities. Their assistance and encouragement in various areas of mutual interest motivate and inspires OCD in making its programs sustainable.
- Community World Service Asia
- Christian Study Center, Rawalpindi
- Punjab Rural Support Program
- National Rural Support Program
- The Network, Islamabad – Pakistan
- National Trust for Population Welfare, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Justice & Peace Commission (JPC)
- Population Association of Pakistan
- Akhtar Hameed Khan National Centre for Rural Development, Islamabad
- Election Commission of Pakistan & UNDP – Pakistan
- Faisalabad NGOs’ Network
- Sexual Harassment Watch
- Faith Welfare Foundation, Islamabad
- Rural Development Foundation, Islamabad
- Locally Registered CSOs With UNICEF, UNDP Pakistan
- National Humanitarian Network (NHN)
- National Commission for Justice & Peace (NCJP)
- International Association for Community Development
- Asian NGO Coalition for Agrarian Reform and Rural Development, Philippines ANGOC
- Conference Of NGO’s In Consultative Relationship With Un Geneva CONGO
- Girls Not Brides
- NPeace Network Asia